Special Event Permits
Required items for a permit
- A completed special event permit application
- A signed hold harmless form
- A signed special event authorization form
- A map of the proposed route
- Traffic Control Plan (if applicable)
- LA County Sheriff's permit (if applicable)
- LA County Fire permit (or written acknowledgement of no permit required)
- Proof of liability insurance
- A certificate of additional insured
Certificate of Liability Insurance
- The applicant shall provide the City proof of liability insurance, covering any and all damages or claims for damages due to injuries to persons or property arising out of the event, its preparation, or cleanup.
- The policy shall be issued by an insurance company admitted to do business in the State of California and possessing a rating in the most recent edition of Best's Insurance Guide of B+; VII or better.
- The insurance coverage shall be at least $2,000,000 in the aggregate, and at least $1,000,000 per occurrence. The liability limits may be increased or decreased at the sole discretion of the City Manager.
- The certificate of insurance shall list in the certificate holder box: “City of Westlake Village and its officers, officials, employees, agents, and volunteers; 31200 Oak Crest Drive; Westlake Village, CA 91361”
Endorsement of Additional Insured
- In addition to the Certificate of Insurance, the applicant shall provide a separate Endorsement of Additional Insured with naming: “City of Westlake Village and its officers, officials, employees, agents, and volunteers; 31200 Oak Crest Drive; Westlake Village, CA 91361”
L.A. County Fire permit
All special events are required to obtain either a permit or written acknowledgement of no permit required from LA County Fire, prior to the issuance of a permit for an event. Not all events will require the issuance of a permit, however, should a permit not be required, applicants shall produce the written documentation from the department acknowledging that a permit is not required. LA County Fire can be reached at 818-880-0341 or at their office located at 26600 Agoura Road Calabasas, CA 91302.
Traffic Control Plan & Deposit
For events that are new to the City, or existing events that have a new route/Traffic Control Plan, a deposit may be required to cover the cost of the City Traffic Engineer's review of the Traffic Control Plan. Costs associated with review time will be estimated once a Traffic Control Plan is received and given a preliminary review by the Traffic Engineer, and an amount will be requested of the applicant. The amount requested may increase if additional review beyond the preliminary estimate is required. Any funds not used from the deposit will be refunded to the applicant after the Traffic Control Plan has been approved.