iServe or Service Learning Opportunities in Westlake Village
The City is a participating partner in LVUSD's iServe program. High school students of all ages can browse opportunities for service learning on this page and sign up for hours by calling the Community Services Coordinator at 818-706-1613.
Service Learning opportunities are granted on a first come-first serve basis. All participants will need to fill out the volunteer waiver and have it signed by a parent or guardian before they can participate in any volunteer activity. Volunteers are responsible for bringing their verification forms to each opportunity for City staff to sign off on.
Please click here to download the Volunteer Waiver form.
Thank you for your interest in the program.
Digitizing Historical Archives Ongoing M-F during City Hall hours (we are open until 5 pm) : Volunteers will be trained to access and scan through articles and publications to add to a digital archive. They will be tagging key elements and uploading it to the City’s website. This is perfect for those interested in computers, history, or local government as it touches on all three elements. At this time only volunteers who have a digital camera and a laptop are needed as we have large scrapbooks to archive. Volunteers needed until project is complete.
The Summer Entertainment Series offers 7 opportunities to serve and earn hours.
- June 1- Jazz Night 6-9:30 pm
- June 16- Concert in the Park - Wanted 6-9:15 pm
- June 29- Theatre Night- Disney Songs with Five Star Theatricals 6-9 pm
- July 14 - Concert in the Park The Long Run 6-9:15 pm
- July 28- Movie in the Park ET 5:30-10:30 pm
- August 10- Rat Pack Concert 6-9 pm
- August 25 - Abba Fab Concert 6-9:15 pm
The 49th Annual 4th of July offers numerous ways to serve and to feel patriotic on the 3rd and 4th of July.
- Decorating for the parade 5-7 pm.
- Setting up for the parade 8-10 am.
- Working the parade 9:45-am- 12:15 pm.
- Cleaning Up for the parade 11:45 am to 2 pm.
Please note that the events may end earlier than the scheduled.
If interested, please email Brianne Anderson, Community Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her by phone at 818-706-1613 for availability. Reminders, dress code, and addresses will be sent once confirmed.