Westlake Village Dog Park
WESTLAKE VILLAGE DOG PARK
ALERT: AT THIS TIME THE DOG WASH STATIONS ARE DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
The Westlake Village Dog Park is a special place where dogs can safely socialize, play, and exercise off-leash, along with their owners. This 1.19 acre park is specially designed to separately accommodate small and large dogs.
Please click here for a dog park etiquette video before using the dog park.
Southwest corner of West Oak Crest Drive and Agoura Road.
Small dog area: 14,160 Sq. Ft.
Large dog area: 18,120 Sq. Ft.
The master plan for the project features a main park entry with two separate entrances to accommodate large and small dogs. Features of the park include a shade shelter with picnic seating, open play natural turf spaces with mounds and boulders, drinking fountains, tables, benches, leash posts, pet-waste dispensers, trash containers, decomposed granite walkways, fencing, landscaping, and pet wash stations.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Open 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, except during the months of June, July, August, and September when the Park shall be open between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. The dog park will be closed during maintenance and as necessary for turf protection and during inclement weather. The dog park will be closed on Mondays from 7:00 to 11:00 am for weekly maintenance.
The annual work on the park and closures are scheduled for early November and early June for about 15 days. More details will be posted at the park and on the website as these times get closer.
USER AGE REQUIREMENTS
No children under the age of 13 years is permitted in the dog park without supervision by a parent or by a guardian who is 13 years of age or older. A dog owner is 13 years of age or older.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The dog park is not supervised by the City. All visitors to the facility voluntarily assume the risk of injury.
PLEASE DETER BARKING
As the City’s dog park is located near a residential neighborhood, please take steps to control the barking of your dog at all times so as not to disturb neighbors. Dogs barking excessively must be removed from the park immediately.
- Dogs must be leashed outside the Dog Park fence at all times. Dogs shall be taken off leash in the gated holding area at the Dog Park entrance. Leashed dogs are not permitted within the Dog Park. All persons owning or having charge, care, custody or control of any dog in the Dog Park must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be wearing a collar with proper ID, a current license tag, and vaccination tag. All dogs must be healthy, parasite free, with no contagious conditions, and properly vaccinated.
- A maximum of 3 dogs per dog owner shall be allowed inside the Dog Park at any one time. Dogs shall not be left unattended in the Dog Park and close supervision of all dogs is required at all times.
- Potentially dangerous dogs, vicious dogs, female dogs in heat, and puppies under 5 months are prohibited from entering the Dog Park. Dogs exhibiting threatening or aggressive behavior must be immediately removed from the Dog Park. Unspayed or unneutered dogs are strongly discouraged from using the Dog Park.
- Small dogs of 25 pounds or less shall be restricted to use of the small dog area of the Dog Park. Large dogs over 25 pounds or more shall be restricted to use of the large dog area of the Dog Park.
- All persons bringing a dog into the Dog Park shall be responsible for cleaning up after their dog and disposing of dog feces in the designated dog waste receptacles. Owners must stop their dog(s) from digging and any holes created must be filled and repaired by the owner of the dog(s).
- All human and dog food, including food products and alcohol are prohibited in the Dog Park. Glass containers are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Dog toys and tennis balls are allowed and should be removed upon leaving the Dog Park.
- Private rental or commercial use of the Dog Park is prohibited including solicitation and advertisements.
- Commercial use of the Dog Park is prohibited and no private equipment, obstacles, or apparatus are allowed in the Dog Park.
- In the event of a dog bite or other injury caused by a dog, the person having charge, care, custody or control of the dog that caused the injury must provide current license tag information, the dog’s vaccination information, and contact information to the injured party.
- Dogs unattended will be impounded by Los Angeles County Animal Control. In the event of a serious fight, injury, or a dog that clearly exhibits aggressive or dangerous behavior, Los Angeles County Animal Control should be called to report the incident.
Dog Park Conditions
The City of Westlake Village reserves the right to close the Dog Park for any reason, including City sponsored programs. All other City Ordinances, Rules, and Regulations apply and shall be enforced. Failure to follow the rules of the Dog Park will subject persons to citation (Municipal Code 4.5.015).
- Westlake Village City Hall: (818) 706-1613
- Los Angeles County Animal Control: (818) 991-0071
- In Case of Emergency: 911
On-street parking is available along Oak Crest Drive for approximately 25 cars. Overflow parking may be found at the Westlake Village Civic Center Parking lot.